Los Angeles Franchise Law
For franchisees and anyone who is thinking about buying a franchise, understanding the legal implications of the franchise relationship – including franchisees’ limited rights and franchisors’ limited obligations – is critical to making informed decisions. While buying a franchise is often referred to as a “franchise opportunity,” it can also be a frustrating and costly exercise in learning just how far some franchisors will go to protect themselves at the expense of their franchisees.
At the Goldstein Law Firm, we have been representing prospective and active franchisees for more than 30 years, and we have seen it all when it comes to franchisors asserting their power over their franchisees. But, we have also seen many success stories, and most often these success stories start with franchisees being proactive about asserting their rights and mitigating their risk in the franchise relationship.
Legal Representation for New and Existing Franchisees
If you are considering investing in a franchise, or if you are facing a legal issue as a current franchisee, the Goldstein Law Firm can help you make informed decisions and chart a path forward. Firm founder and franchise lawyer Jeffrey M. Goldstein has been representing franchisees in Los Angeles and nationwide for more than 30 years. He understands the franchise relationship from the franchisee’s perspective, and he knows how to help franchisees protect and assert their franchise law rights.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with Mr. Goldstein regarding:
- Franchise Agreement Review and Negotiation – We offer three tiers of flat-fee franchise agreement review and negotiation services for prospective franchisees. Mr. Goldstein can help you understand the risks involved in your franchise opportunity, and if desired he can seek to negotiate key provisions of the agreement with the franchisor.
- Franchise Renewal – Renewing a franchise is not as easy as it sounds. Most franchise agreements impose strict conditions on franchisees’ “rights” of renewal, and franchisors often require costly upgrades before allowing franchisees to renew. In order to renew, you will also probably need to sign a new franchise agreement, which may provide the franchisor with even greater protections than your current contract.
- Franchise Termination – If you have received a notice of termination, or if you are concerned that your franchisor may be looking for any excuse to get you out of its system, it is imperative that you take a proactive approach to the potential termination. Mr. Goldstein can assess your options for protecting your franchise; or, if necessary, he can represent you in pursuing post-termination remedies.
- Franchise Dispute – Mr. Goldstein has extensive experience representing franchisees in mediation, arbitration and litigation. From wrongful termination disputes to litigation involving franchisors’ disclosure violations, Mr. Goldstein can use his experience to protect you in your franchise dispute.
- Franchisee Group or Association Matters – Mr. Goldstein also regularly represents groups of franchisees and formal franchisee associations in organizational matters and litigation. If you would like to inquire about group representation, please contact our offices today.
Schedule a Free and Confidential Consultation
For more information about our services and flexible fee options, get in touch to schedule a free and confidential consultation. To schedule an appointment with franchise lawyer Jeffrey M. Goldstein, please call (202) 293-3947 or inquire online today.