Financial services franchises offer opportunities for both experienced professionals and driven entrepreneurs to make a living outside of the confines of the traditional nine-to-five work environment. From tax preparation to insurance advisory services and financial training, “financial services” is a broad industry sector encompassing a wide range of personal and business services, and the list of franchise options is equally extensive.
With more than 30 years of franchise law experience, attorney Jeffrey M. Goldstein represents existing financial services franchisees as well as individuals and groups contemplating new franchise opportunities. The Goldstein Law Firm is one of only four national franchise law firms that exclusively represents franchisees and dealers, and this focus has earned the firm numerous awards and recognitions which include Finance Monthly’s 2016 Franchise Law Firm of the Year.
Top Legal Considerations with Financial Services Franchises
Financial services franchise opportunities carry a number of legal risks, including risks that exist across the franchise industry as well as some that are unique to the financial services sector. When helping prospective franchisees evaluate new opportunities, some of the top issues we analyze include:
- Territorial Exclusivity – Do you have it? If so, how broad is your territory? What exceptions apply?
- Transfer Rights – If your goal is to build a business that you can sell, what conditions and restrictions will you face when you attempt to transfer your franchise rights?
- Renewal Rights – If your franchise is a success and you want to renew, what will you need to do in order to extend the term of your agreement?
- System Standards and Compliance – How strictly does the franchisor enforce system standards? Can those standards change over time? If so, how much will it cost for you to comply?
- Franchisor Termination – How easily can the franchisor terminate your franchise? If your franchise terminates, what restrictions will apply post-termination?
Of course, these and other issues can lead to disputes as well, and at the Goldstein Law Firm we also provide aggressive representation for franchisees in franchise-related mediation, arbitration and litigation.
Financial Services Franchise Opportunities
The following are among the leading financial services franchise opportunities available, as ranked by Entrepreneur Magazine’s Franchise 500:
- IKOR – IKOR provides financial advocacy and healthcare management services to professionals and families.
- Liquid Capital – Liquid Capital offers financial solutions to businesses, and has been franchising since 2000.
- Fiesta Auto Insurance and Tax – The Fiesta Auto Insurance and Tax franchise system is built upon serving local Latino and Hispanic communities.
- JD Byrider – JD Byrider is a leading used car financing franchise with locations nationwide.
- H&R Block – This is a well-known tax preparation franchise that ranks high as both a Tax Service Company and a Low Cost Franchise.
Schedule an Initial Consultation with National Franchise Lawyer Jeffrey M. Goldstein
If you are considering a new financial services franchise or are facing a dispute with your franchisor, you can contact the Goldstein Law Firm for a free, no-obligation consultation. To schedule an appointment, call our offices at (202) 293-3947 or get in touch online today.
Disclaimer: The identification of any franchise or company on this website is not an endorsement of any aspect of that entity in any regard, nor should it be taken as one.