With many mobile and home-based options, the home services and repair industry offers a number of franchise opportunities that are attractive to both new and experienced entrepreneurs. While some of these businesses require specific training and experience, many allow driven individuals to enter the world of franchising with no experience required. Franchisor training programs allow franchisees to quickly get familiar with the tools and processes involved in servicing homeowners, while supportive system-wide advertising campaigns help get the phones ringing from day one.
Or, at least that’s the idea. Unfortunately, while some franchisors offer these benefits, others fall far short of meeting their franchisees’ expectations. This is evident in the high turnover rate in many franchise systems – which you can uncover by reviewing the franchisor’s Franchise Disclosure Document and speaking to current and former franchisees. At the Goldstein Law Firm, we can help you make an informed decision about purchasing a home services and repair franchise, and if you have run into trouble we can represent you in dealing with your franchisor.
Types of Home Services and Repair Franchises
With over 30 years of franchise law experience, national franchise lawyer Jeffrey M. Goldstein represents prospective and existing franchisees throughout the home services and repair industry. While each franchise system offers (or should offer) unique selling points, the legal issues their franchisees face are often the same. Jeff Goldstein uses his extensive franchise law experience to represent clients who own or are considering buying franchises offering:
- Floor resurfacing and installation
- Garage door installation and repair
- Handyman services
- Home cleaning and restoration
- Home insulation
- Kitchen remodeling
- Pest control
- Tile grout repair
- Window and door repair
- Window treatment installation
- Other home improvement and maintenance services
Why Should You Hire a Franchisee-Only Lawyer?
While there are lots of lawyers, there are only a select few that practice franchise law, and even less that practice franchise law exclusively. Then there is an even smaller subset of lawyers who exclusively represent franchisees. In fact, the Goldstein Law Firm is one of only four firms nationally that focuses its entire practice on franchisee representation.
So, why should you choose a franchisee-only lawyer? For one, it avoids the conflicts of interest that inherently arise in advocating on both sides of franchisor-franchisee disputes. For more information, read: Why Should You Hire a Franchisee-Only Attorney?
Home Services & Repair Franchise Opportunities
The following are among the leading home services and repair franchise opportunities available, as found during a random search of the Internet:
- Budget Blinds – A window treatment consultation and installation franchise that is ranked highly by Entrepreneur Magazine and claims to be the, “#1 window coverings franchise in America.”
- Mosquito Joe – A home pest control franchise ranked #26 on Entrepreneur Magazine’s Franchise 500.
- Pillar to Post – A home inspection franchise that claims to offer “industry-leading systems and training.”
- Rooter Man – A plumbing and drain cleaning franchise that has been ranked #1 in its category by Entrepreneur Magazine 12 years in a row.
- Servpro – A home cleanup and restoration franchise that is highly ranked by Entrepreneur Magazine, the Wall Street Journal, and other media outlets.
Schedule a Free Consultation to Learn More
If you would like to obtain legal advice from national franchise attorney Jeffrey M. Goldstein, the first step is to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation. To discuss your home services and repair franchise opportunity or franchise dispute in confidence, call (202) 293-3947 or inquire online now.
Disclaimer: The identification of any franchise or company on this website is not an endorsement of any aspect of that entity in any regard, nor should it be taken as one.